Swiss Krono ProVent Multi-function Underlayment
Reg: $99.00 / sq.f. Sale: $59.00 / sq.f.
Save: $40 / sq.f.
The Swiss Krono ProVent flooring underlay is a 3 mm thick foam panel made from closed-cell polyethylene, which is coated with a 0.02 mm thick polyethylene foil of high density for additional protection against water vapour. The material is particularly resistant to ageing.
ProVent reinforces the ventilation of the concrete under floor with the help of the patented Micropumping System (water vapour drainage system). The ventilation ensures that the water vapour is extracted and the underlay remains dry. As a result, mould is prevented from forming under the flooring.
The profiled lower surface of ProVent forms a system of air channels, which ensures that the air is exchanged when walking and the water vapour is vented in the under floor area. Walking on the floor creates pump-like movements, which ensure there is enough pressure to allow the air in the under floor to circulate constantly. To guarantee the ventilation of the ProVent underlay, no other LDPE or other vapour barrier must be installed beneath the ProVent flooring underlay.
When installing the Swiss Krono laminate flooring together with the ProVent, the volume of the room level is reduced by 9 dB; the impact sound is insulated by an outstanding 20 dB.
*Room level, also known as footfall, resonance or reflection sound, is the noise emission arising when walking in the room. Impact sound, on the other hand, is the noise emission, which is produced when walking on a floor and transferred into the room below through the raw concrete ceiling.
- The Micropumping System creates underfloor ventilation of the laminate flooring to eliminate residual moisture;
- The additional HDPE vapour barrier protects the laminate flooring from moisture;
- The impact sound level is reduced by 20 dB;
- Irregularities of the flooring up to 2 mm in height are compensated;
- Suitable for rooms with under floor heating;
- No other flooring underlay needed;
- Indispensible on concrete and ceramic under floors;
- Recommended on wooden under floors and other under floors.
Specifications: thickness – 3.0 mm (1/8″); coverage per roll – 215.28 sq. ft (20 m^2); sound rating – IIC 71, STC 67; emissions certificate: A+. Made in Europe.